LITERACY – Spelling and Word Study/Writing
1. This week you are getting a new list of spelling words to practice. Practice the first 10 of them by writing the words on the list with your neatest handwriting! If you want to challenge yourself, you can practice also the words 11-20. Please practice writing the words on your homework notebook using 3 different colors. On Friday we will play Spelling City, just to see how well the words stick to your mind.
2. Halloween! How was it? What did you do? Where did you go? How did you dress up? How much money did you raise for UNICEF? Write and draw about it, and you can even include pictures and photos!
LITERACY – Reading
1. On Friday we talked about how visualizing the events in the story makes us comprehend the text deeper. During your 15 minutes of homework reading, write down words from your reading that you think are powerful keywords.
2. Just reading the powerful keywords that you picked from your reading earlier;
visualize an image of the story and create the image on your notebook or a
- Halloween and autumn fun! Figure out the problems to do with money.
- The Snack Shop: Choose a strategy and solve the problems about money.
1. Read the information about the water cycle. Use the text codes for identifying important information and leaving tracks of thinking.
2. Watercycling: Match the water cycle terms and their definitions.