Homework for the Week of November 14 – 18
LITERACY – Spelling and Word Study/Writing
1. This week you are getting a new list of spelling words to practice. Practice the first 10 of them by writing the words on the list with your neatest handwriting! If you want to challenge yourself, you can practice also the words 11-20.
2. Write the words in bubble letters. You can also decorate the bubbles, make them stripy or dotted or anything you like. Challenge yourself to do all the 20 of them! We
will do Spelling City on Friday to see how well the words stick to your mind.
LITERACY – Reading
1. In class we have been talking about how visualizing the events in the story makes us comprehend the text deeper. During your 15 minutes of homework reading, focus on the characters of your book and write down words that describe them how they are and look.
2. Read the describing words that tell about the characters that you collected from your reading. Use the words to visualize your character(s) and create a mental image of them in your head. Draw your characters and write the describing words around your picture.
- Daily Problems: Figure out how rounding and your money knowledge can help you with the problems of the day 7 & 8.
- See how well you are doing addition and subtraction by doing the Test Prep.
- Map projections: Read and learn how maps distort, and study the maps to answer the questions in your reading.
- Read the sentences and finish them with the best pick!