Due to a short week last week, and missing Monday, many of you struggled to finish your work in time. Therefore this week you can finish that work and it can count as one of your eight tasks. So here are the rest of the seven:
LITERACY – Spelling and Word Study/Writing
1. This week you are getting a new list of spelling words to practice. Practice all the words from 1-20 of them by writing the words on the list with your neatest handwriting! Please practice writing the words on your homework notebook using your left hand. On Friday we will play Spelling City, just to see how well the words stick to your mind.
LITERACY – Reading
- 1. Determining Importance in Reading! Read the text about Marco Polo. Think of letters that you could use as text codes for finding the most important parts of the text.
- 2. Now, use the text codes you came up with in the previous task. Mark them on your text. Do it just like we did it on Monday morning in the class.
- Sometimes you need to find a pattern to solve problems by trying to find a rule that describes the pattern. Make sure you look carefully at the example! (p. 45)
- Problem-Solving Strategy: Find a Pattern (backside of the p.45)
- By now, you should know a lot about Marco Polo. Do a mind map of his life experiences without using any text. See what got stuck in your mind!
- What do you find most interesting about Marco Polo? Write a short paragraph explaining it and why you find it most interesting. Remember to edit your paragraph.