This week the students get to choose 6 out of the 8 tasks up to their own preference.
LITERACY – Spelling and Word Study/Writing
- This week you are getting a new list of spelling words to practice. Practice all the words from 1-20 of them by writing the words on the list with your neatest handwriting! Then practice them with rainbow writing! It means that you tape three or four color pencils together and write the words on your book with the colors of the rainbow!
- 2. Write a paragraph about friends – What being a friend means to you? Let’s start thinking about the approaching Valentine’s Day/ Friendship Day.
LITERACY – Reading
- In class we are focusing on the reading comprehension strategy of Asking Questions. Before reading the text about Christopher Columbus, think of what you are wondering about him before you do the reading. Write down some of your before reading questions.
- Now read the text about Christopher Columbus and see if it answers to any of your questions.
- Do the first side of the Math Word Problems. For question no 9, come up with your own problem! Find also the product.
- Do the second side of the Math Word Problems. Come up with another problem to solve. Make sure you know how to solve it!
- Continue working with the text about Christopher Columbus. What are you curious, confused or wondering about him? Write down some after reading questions.
2. At the bottom of the Think Quest First Route page (http://library.thinkquest.org/J002678F/) you can choose Spanish Explorers and then Columbus. Read the information about Columbus and see if any of your before or after reading questions were answered there!