This week’s homework is the last time when we print out the homework to take home as a paper copy. From next week on, the students are responsible for checking out the homework from the class blog. We will naturally go through the tasks in class, so they know what they have to do, but they won’t have a paper list to which refer. Let’s save some paper, be responsible for our work and get ready to Middle School!
This week’s work is still coming home on paper:
J4R Homework for the Week of April 9 – 13
LITERACY – Spelling and Word Study/Typing
- This week you are getting a new list of spelling words to practice. Practice all the words from 1-20 of them by writing the words on the list with your neatest handwriting! Then practice them by writing in two different colors and alternating the colors in every letter so that every second letter is the different color. Of course, do first LOOK-COVER-SAY-WRITE before you write them in your homework book.
- Practice typing the words on computer. If you want to print it out, you can glue it in your homework book.
LITERACY – Reading
- With this week’s homework reading, pay attention to important elements of the story: Setting, characters and the plot. When you are reading, mark the elements with a sticky or with a bookmark, or keep a list of pages where there is information about them.
- Fill in the important elements chart and write in details about the evidence.
- Simplifying fractions to their simplest form.
- Equivalent fractions and mixed numbers.
- Know the Zones. Read carefully the time zone map and answer the questions on it.
- Use the latitude and longitude information to locate cities in America.