We have decided as a class that we want to save paper and thus contribute positively to preserving our environment ; therefore the homework instructions won’t be distributed in hard copy anymore but can be read from this blog from now on.
LITERACY – Spelling and Word Study/Typing
1. This week you are getting a new list of spelling words to practice. Practice all the words from 1-20 of them by writing the words on the list with your neatest handwriting! Then practice them by writing in two different colors and alternating the colors in every letter so that every second letter is the different color. Of course, do first LOOK-COVER-SAY-WRITE before you write them in your homework book.
2. Practice typing the words on computer. If you want to print it out, you can glue it in your homework book.
LITERACY – Reading
1. While reading this week, make some story notes. Notice the setting, pay attention to characters and focus on the problem the story is built around.
2. Make detailed notes on the most interesting parts of the story, maybe some special things in it (i.e. special language) and then think what is the overall message the story has (theme). What is the author trying to tell you?
MATH Practice Fractions:
1. Finding the least Common Denominator.
2. Using number lines to find equivalent fractions.
1. Click on the link
And figure out how to crack the code of longitudes and latitudes. All the instructions are on the page. Click on the links to find the clues.
2. Now do the Family X-Files’ task for Older Xpeditioners: finding out where your birthday is located in the world!